The fantastic 555 year-old atmosphere of the Landgasthof Karner

The Landgasthof Karner was once a stately home and was first documented in 1460. Then known as the Hof zum Westerndorf, it was home to an inn, a bakery and sometimes even a mill.

Over the course of time, what was initially a farm became a hotel. The first evidence of this is brewery bills from 1576. The historic building, which has more than 550 years of history, was run by Mr and Mrs Karner from 1982 to 2005 and has been known as the Landgasthof Karner since then.

In the 1990s, the hotel was extended to include new rooms and the only swimming pool in the area, as well as three saunas. Since 2015, the Landgasthof Karner has been operated as Karner Hotelbetriebsgesellschaft GmbH.